High Water Bill - Call The Sydney Plumbing Experts
Plumbers Statement & Leak Claim Forms Can Help Your High Sydney Water Bill.
At The Pied Plumber, we understand that knowing how to lower your water bills in Sydney will go a long way to helping families manage their budgets. Water bills are one of the costs that we all have to pay, because clean drinking water is one of our essential requirements.
There are ways however, that you can reduce your water bills whether this is by installing water efficient appliances and fixtures or by ensuring that any leaks are isolated and fixed promptly. Not only will these actions help you to save money on your water bills, but by conserving water, we all help to save our environment.
5 strategies for saving money on your water bills in Sydney
- Check your toilet for leaks: Add a few drops of food colouring into the cistern and wait for 30 minutes. If the cistern is leaking into the pan, you will see the coloured water in the bowl.
- Install a dual flush cistern: This can save you up to 5 litres of water every time you flush the toilet, which can add up to thousands of litres per year.
- Check fixture flow rates: Our family plumbers will check the flow rates of your shower heads, bath, vanity, kitchen and laundry taps and install water restrictors, which reduce the flow rates to save you money.
- Repair leaking taps: One or more dripping taps can add up to a lot of wasted water and higher than normal bills. So whether these are indoors or outdoors, the prompt repair of leaking taps is essential to conserving water and saving money on your water bills in Sydney.
- Hidden underground leaks: Often, the first time you realise that you have an insidious underground water leak is when you receive an abnormally high water bill. Leaks from underground mains water pipes however, can be difficult to locate, which is why our electronic pipe locating equipment comes in handy. Our family plumbers will quickly and efficiently locate the source of your underground water leak and repair the pipes, helping you to save money on your water bills in Sydney.
Lower your water bills with a water leak claim form
When you have a concealed water leak underground and have promptly acted to fix the problem, you can claim a credit for the additional water charges from the council. As licensed family plumbers in Sydney, we will issue you with a water leak claim form, which you submit to the council, once we have repaired your water leak. This helps to lower your water bill in Sydney following a hidden leak.
For advice on how to reduce your water bills in Sydney, call the local family plumbers at The Pied Plumber on 1300 13 80 80 or complete our online enquiry form.